Bovalyx® 16% NCU Low Moisture Block
Product number: 14428
- All-purpose protein supplement suitable for cattle, sheep and goats
- Highly concentrated source of protein, minerals and vitamins helps improve productivity
- Reliable, controlled intake (2 to 4 oz for sheep & goats – 0.5 to 1.1 lb. for cattle) eliminates over-consumption saving you money
- High molasses content, as well as other added nutrients, promotes better forage utilization, increasing overall feed efficiency
- Weather-resistant Bovalyx formula eliminates waste, saving you money
- Available in convenient, self-fed, 200-lb., non-returnable plastic tubs
- For optimum productivity, provide a free-choice SWEETLIX mineral and vitamin supplement in conjunction with this product
CAUTION: Use as directed. Consumption of selenium should not exceed 3 mg per head daily for cattle or 0.7 mg per head daily for sheep or goats.
Introductory Period: During the ﬁrst week of use, place the blocks approximately 50-75 feet from loaﬁng and/or watering areas. As animals become acclimated to the presence of the blocks, some re-positioning may be necessary to achieve proper consumption. Move blocks closer to increase consumption; further away to decrease consumption. If over-consumption occurs for more than two weeks and re-positioning of the blocks does not correct the situation, remove the blocks and evaluate the overall feeding program. DO NOT ALLOW STARVED ANIMALS FREE ACCESS TO THIS BLOCK.
- Feed one block per 20 to 30 head of cattle or 10 head of sheep or goats. All animals should have equal access to blocks. Timid and smaller animals need their share.
- Place blocks where animals congregate. Locate blocks throughout the pasture at loafing, grazing, feeding and watering areas. Adequate distance must be maintained between blocks to minimize crowding - 20-30 feet minimum.
- Feed blocks continuously along with a plentiful source of forage and clean, fresh water.
- Cattle will consume 0.5 to 1.1 pound per head daily based upon a 1,000 pound animal. Sheep or goats will consume 2 to 4 ounces per head daily.
- Consumption of this block may vary depending upon animal body condition, quality and quantity of forages, seasonal weather conditions, and most importantly, feeding locations of blocks with respect to loafing, grazing, feed and watering areas.
- If additional mineral and vitamin fortification is desired, provide an appropriate SWEETLIX self-fed mineral supplement in addition to this supplement. THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT CONTAIN SALT. PROVIDE SALT FREE CHOICE OR IN THE RATION.
|Crude Protein, Min||16.00%|
|Crude Fat, Min||4.00%|
|Crude Fiber, Max||3.00%|
|Acid Detergent Fiber, Max||3.00%|
|Salt, Min||None Added|
|Cobalt, Min||8 ppm|
|Iodine, Min||20 ppm|
|Manganese, Min||300 ppm|
|Selenium, Min||6 ppm|
|Zinc, Min||600 ppm|
|Vitamin A, Min||70,000 IU/lb|
|Vitamin D-3, Min||7,000 IU/lb|
|Vitamin E, Min||12.5 IU/lb|
Molasses Products, Processed Grain By-Products, Hydrolyzed Feather Meal, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Oil, Magnesium Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, Ferrous Sulfate, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement and Mineral Oil.