1. Feed 1 block per 15 to 30 head. All animals should have equal access to blocks. Timid and smaller animals need their share.
2. Place blocks where animals congregate. Locate blocks throughout the pasture at loafing, grazing, feeding and watering areas. Adequate distance must be maintained between blocks to minimize crowding - 10 feet minimum.
3. Feed blocks continuously along with a plentiful source of forage and clean, fresh water. Cattle should not run out of blocks. When a block is two-thirds consumed, provide a new block near it.
4. Cattle should consume 1 to 2 pounds per head daily based on a 1,000-pound animal.
5. Consumption of this block may vary depending upon animal body condition, quality and quantity of forages, seasonal weather conditions, and most importantly, feeding locations of blocks with respect to loafing, grazing, feeding and watering areas.
6. If additional mineral and vitamin fortification is desired, provide an appropriate SWEETLIX® self-fed mineral supplement in addition to this supplement.
Introductory Period: Following a 7 to 10 day acclimation period, average consumption should be 1 to 2 pounds for mature cattle with unrestricted forage supplies. Position the blocks 50 to 75 feet from loafing, feeding and watering areas. Some repositioning of blocks may be necessary as animals become acclimated to the presence of the blocks. Move blocks closer to increase consumption; further away to decrease consumption. If overconsumption occurs for more than two weeks and repositioning of blocks does not correct the situation, remove blocks and evaluate the overall feeding program. DO NOT ALLOW STARVED ANIMALS FREE ACCESS TO THIS BLOCK.
|Crude Protein, Min||25.00% (This includes not more than 15.00% equivalent protein from non-protein nitrogen)|
|Crude Fat, Min||10.00%|
|Crude Fiber, Max||4.00%|
|Copper, Min||45 ppm|
|Manganese, Min||170 ppm|
|Selenium, Min||3.3 ppm|
|Zinc, Min||130 ppm|
|Vitamin A, Min||30,000 IU/lb|
|Vitamin D-3, Min||3,000 IU/lb|
|Vitamin E, Min||3 IU/lb|
Processed Grain By-Products, Molasses Products, Plant Protein Products, Vegetable Oil, Magnesium Oxide, Urea, Salt, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Propionate (a preservative), Calcium Carbonate, Roughage Products, Selenium Yeast, Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Vitamin A Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Copper Proteinate, Mineral Oil, Vitamin E Supplement, Cobalt Proteinate, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, Cobalt Carbonate, and Calcium Iodate